Technician, Environmental Services
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day is purposeful. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and has received numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. Imagine accessing your own personal health coach! We also provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth,it is a point of pride. Those are just a few of the ways we empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care that we call the Mother Standard®.
Performs a variety of custodial and housekeeping duties. Maintain desired standards of cleanliness, sanitation and appearance. Strives to provide service excellence to the patients we serve while keeping the Mother Standard before all we do.
- Prepares for daily cleaning assignments by utilizing appropriate germicidal disinfectant and supplies according to infection control procedures while performing the 7 step cleaning process. Assures spray bottles are properly labeled according to their contents.
- Cleans patient rooms both occupied and unoccupied in area as assigned. Collects trash in the AM and PM from all patient rooms, kitchen areas, lounges and conference rooms. Cleans occupied patient rooms daily including bedside tables, over bed tables, televisions, spot clean walls, dry and wet mop floors, all furniture as required. Vacuum as necessary. Follows infection control procedures and practices standard precautions at all times.
- Cleans discharge patient rooms as required. Follows correct procedures for cleaning all environmental surfaces, i.e., walls, lights, vents, shades, televisions, inside of windows and frames, all furniture. Paying attention to detail such as high touch surfaces handrails, light switches, remote controls, bed controls, bed frame, wheels, and doors handles. Must check and inspect rooms upon completion.
- Cleans and disinfects patient bathrooms including shower, toilet, sink, mirror, vents and walls and hardware. Sanitizes patient commodes and stores as required. Sanitizes public rest rooms including toilets, urinals, walls and floors. Restocks toilet paper, hand towels and soap, sanitizers and lotions as needed.
- Cleans other assigned areas including but not limited to offices, conference rooms, corridors, nursing stations, lounges, exam rooms and lobbies. Completes all high and low dusting in assigned area.
- Informs supervisor of any unsafe conditions, problems or concerns regarding patient rooms or restrooms, i.e. cubical curtains to be changed, broken fixtures or furniture, light not working or leaking bath fixtures.
- Maintains hopper rooms, carts and buckets at all times keeping all equipment in janitor’s closets when unattended. Cleans and stores equipment at the completion of the shift.
Key Position Qualifications
High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED); or minimum 6 months experience and/or training in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. We are fighters at heart and we look for people who delight in serving patients. The power, determination and beauty of the human spirit will enrich and energize you. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
All applications will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in all its forms.