Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat. Job Description:
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
The Applications Developer is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex, custom applications, and custom solutions. The role is responsible for consulting with internal customers, team members and external vendors to appropriately design, build and manage application services.
Key responsibilities include:
Analyze user requirements, create technical specifications and apply proven application development and agile methodologies in order to accomplish business goals.
Provide expert knowledge and recommendations on application designs across a broad range of development methodologies and tools to ensure the success and sustainability of custom applications.
Ensure delivery of business needs in a timely cost-effective manner.
Applies ALM and software engineering best practices and principles
Consult with vendors and other team members to design, build and manage custom applications.
Understands relational data structures and technologies to design, develop, and query stored data.
Provides/reviews detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the SDLC, and complies to internal standards and guidelines
Identify opportunities to optimize the environment, implement monitoring, quality and validation processes to ensure high availability and performance
Provides 24x7 post-implementation supports, responds to problem quickly and provide both short- and long-term resolutions
Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- 4+ years’ experience and Strong knowledge in HL7
- Strong experience in Healthcare Technology (EHR, EPI, Lab Systems, Radiology Systems, Patient facing applications)
- Experience with non-HL7 integration development (API, restful, SFTP, EDI, etc.)
- Strong understanding of development principles and methodologies
- Experience or Understanding of HTML, C#,
- Experience or Understanding of SQL
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interface architecture, dataflow diagrams and technical specifications
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- Knowledge of EAI, including BizTalk Server is a plus
- Self-starter who is capable of effectively managing own time and ability
- Displays professionalism in stressful situation, including workload pressure and deadlines
- Knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, including Visio
- Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of experience, training and certifications
- 4+ years’ experience in Integration Development in Healthcare
- Ability to learn and apply new knowledge
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-03295