Medical Technologist - Per Diem
Medical Technologist – Full Time
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Under the general supervision of the Laboratory Supervisor/Laboratory Administrative Director, the Medical Technologist performs a variety of routine and complex laboratory tests on body fluids and substances, requiring independent judgment, with speed and accuracy. The efforts of the individual(s) in this position, in collaboration with other health care professionals, provide data for the most accurate diagnosis or individual treatment of diseases for optimum patient outcomes. In addition to testing, specimen collection and processing may be required.
Lab Per Diem Hours:
- Required to work 2 scheduled days per 4 week period
- Work a minimum of 2 major holidays per year (1 winter and 1 summer holiday)
- 1 weekend shift per month in addition to the 2 scheduled days
Key Position Qualifications
- ASCP certification or equivalent required
- 1 year minimum laboratory experience required
- Minimum Associates degree, BS preferred in Medical Technology or applied sciences
- Clinical internship preferred
- MLT certification required, MT preferred
- Knowledge of Sunquest Lab system preferred
- Generalist experience highly preferred
- Performs test and quality control review
- Makes recommendations to own management regarding instrumentation and testing processes
- Troubleshoots equipment, process, sample and testing problems. Resolves or recommends solutions when problems arise
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals, and corporate entities, earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who value working with others and thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? If so, we hope you begin the application process today.